I have this theory about women that I usually only share with men because some women (who I'm most likely not friends with) would be offended. So, if you're one of "those women" stop reading and move onto your next blog about how men are so horrible and your perfect, the one called "I live in dream land with rainbows and unicorns!". My 3.5 year old lives in that land, she also believes I'm a good dancer, that's how realistic it is!
My theory on women (including myself): every woman is crazy! I believe that sums it up, thanks for listening:) Yes, I believe every woman is born with some crazy, but how much determines where you land in the crazy range. It might sound like a simple theory, but there are more factors than just "crazy", let's not forget about drama, bitchiness, and maintenance that can also increase your level. My spectrum looks something like this; 1 is the lowest amount of crazy (I like to think it's me, but the husband may disagree) and 100 is the highest crazy you can obtain (you'll hear who owns that coveted spot below). Work hard ladies and you can achieve "crazy" success and drive everyone around you insane!
I started thinking about this when I grew up and realized I was raised by the queen of crazy! Queen Crazy has always held the #1 spot, some have come close but never dethroned her. The older and wiser I get the more effort I make to surround myself by women who have very little crazy, maintenance, bitchiness, and drama. Needless to say, I have very few close women friends and no relationship with the Queen. My best friend and I have never had a fight, we laugh about other women's self made drama, and understand our relationship is always important even if we don't talk for a week or two. Two low rated crazies having a peaceful, grown up, loving, drama free relationship...friendship heaven!
The reason I explain this to men is because they need to be honest with themselves about how much crazy they can handle. We're all bringing some, but you better be willing to accept and work with the amount you take on. If you date someone who is high maintenance and lots of crazy, don't complain when they bring all of that and more into your relationship. This applies to women as well! If you surround yourself with friends that makes drama and has a high crazy rating, either accept it or move on. My husband knows how to handle my crazy...I'm a low maintenance girl who will call him an asshole in the morning when he's mean to me in my dreams, threaten to put voodoo curses on fishing, and tell him if he ever thinks about leaving me I get our friends in the divorce (they were mine first:)! I like to consider this a "good crazy" because it doesn't involve any crying, screaming, or pouting.
Ultimately, it doesn't really matter where people land in the crazy range, what really matters is knowing how much crazy your willing to let into your life and taking responsibility for it. You choose the amount of crazy you let in!
Ladies, embrace your crazy and surround yourself by others like you! And men, be honest about how much you can handle, not every man is brave (or stupid) enough to take on a top grade crazy.
To quote Forest Gump, "crazy is as crazy does"!
lol Heather:) I am a 1 on most days I think. pretty easy going, lol:) But I know some crazies out there that rate MuCh higher, lol;-p Too funny!
ReplyDelete